Blogging has been one of the greatest achievements of mankind in the internet. With blogging, everyone had a chance in expressing their feelings and their thoughts to certain topics. Anyone could now tell what they felt, or how did they see things differently in any way they can. Blogging also has the ability to educate people and to inform them. Now, blogging has been used not only in personal terms, but also as business assets. And with that, you need to know how these 10 steps to have SEO Friendly Blog.
But why should it be SEO friendly?
SEO will always be part of the online business. Without search engine optimization, we will always be groping around the dark, manually looking for answers that we want to have. Since SEO helps us to filter information, they make it easier for searchers to fulfill their queries. With search engine optimization, you get only the newest and the most related topics on your keywords. And by applying SEO to your blog, you could possibly make it into a reality if you know how to have SEO friendly blog in 10 steps.
What could happen if I don’t follow these 10 steps?
Most probably you will still have your blog, but your article would be considered as “nearly useless” because it can’t be seen by your viewers. Without your viewers knowing your information, you’ve just wasted your effort in creating that blog.
That is why you should practice SEO even in your blogs. Better SEO rankings mean greater chances of getting traffic. And if you have more website traffic and viewers, better chances of conversion and earnings. That is the very reason why you should have SEO friendly blog in 10 steps.
Okay, you got me, what are these 10 steps?
- Construct a great title on the articles – Your article title’s is a mere reflection of what your blog really is about. Your blog could be indexed better by search engine crawlers if their titles are constructed well. These titles, if created well, could be easily found by users. Once search engine crawlers find out about your website’s easy access from users, then they would award you with better rankings.
- Get pin-point topics – No one ever wants a blog which as no direction at all. As much as possible, create a blog which focuses only on a single topic. It could be about anything from food, shopping lists, shoes, medicines, hotels, as long as it only stays on a single topic. Being consistent about your topic is also a good hefty +1 point for crawlers.
- Know your target keywords – Keywords are your “keys” to your blog’s existence. These vital words are your connections to search engines. Since you want to optimize your blog, you need to know the most “in-demand” keywords for your niche.
- Now you got your keywords, limit their usage – Stuffing of keywords doesn’t work anymore. As experts recommended, a blogger should have their keywords 5 total number of keywords your blog has. If you want to be SEO optimized and get real website traffic, do not dare to use this stuff.
- Write for the people, not for search engines – A lot of website experts emphasize the importance of blog articles. Always remember that users are the ones who will solely decide whether your articles are SEO friendly or not. Crawlers are just for indexes. It’s the viewers who will judge your website mostly.
- Use great permalinks – Permalinks are you static page links. Little do website owners know that permalinks are also considered by crawlers for indexing.
- Avoid Spam Comments – Comments that doesn’t really do any good for your website should be removed as soon as possible. Spam comments are also taken into consideration in page ranking. Before search engine could discover this, you need to handle those spammers as early as you can.
- Create both HTML and XML Sitemap – Sitemaps are lists of pages that crawlers or users could visit. By creating both HTML and XML versions of sitemaps, this could help not only users but also crawlers to navigate around your website.
- Use Alt Text on images – Images are not always loaded properly on different browsers. In this case, an alternate texts (or alt text) are used for images in order to be identified easily.
- Create the best Meta descriptions – Meta descriptions are your small chances of mildly “advertising” your content. Create the best meta descriptions by describing what your content is all about.
The next time you create your blog, apply these 10 steps to have SEO Friendly Blog and maximize your website’s potential in blogging and let the world know that your website exists!
Image by StuartMiles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net